Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter and our NEW additions to the family...














Hello EVERYONE! We have 2 NEW family members...Rocky and Apollo! They are purebred Chihuahuas and were given to our family as an Easter gift by a good friend of mine. We sure LOVE em both! They get LOTS of TLC!! They even have helped me with my depression and anxiety, which is VERY nice! They are therapeutic little buddies!! Apollo (the brown one) is the runt and can fit inside my hand and Rocky (black and white) is the bigger brother and they play and wrestle with each other and it's SO fun to watch!! They are only 7 weeks old and we are in the "process" of training them to go on the pee pads, which works half the time. We will NOT give up until they are fully housetrained! Brock has really stepped up to the plate and worked with both dogs to get them trained and I thank him for that. We named the dogs BIG names because they are SO little and Rocky has become Brock's dog and Apollo is MINE! I was only going to get Apollo because I did NOT want 2 dogs, but Jentry seemed to get attached more to Rocky, in the time we spent with them and I couldn't say NO! I have NEVER been the kind of parent to say NO to things...especially SWEET puppies!!! LOL! :) I will keep everyone posted on how they are growing and when we finally get them housetrained. If anyone has GOOD ideas on how to properly train the dogs, please let me know. Otherwise, we are keeping at it and slowly but surely we will have them trained!! That I KNOW!! Jentry is SUN BURNED in the pics above...it needed to be said, because she is working at Lagoon on the weekends right now (she is even wearing her uniform in the top 2 pics). When school gets out she'll be working during the week too. She is ENJOYING it and she LOVES having her OWN money for CLOTHES, MAKEUP, FUN & ACTIVITIES with friends, and MORE CLOTHES!! :D



Easter was NICE! We are getting used to NOT having Jerry in the house now (it's been a month) and we decided to make the BEST of our Easter without him here! We wanted to keep up the tradition of coloring eggs, so you'll see in the TOP pic that we did do that and we watched Father of the Bride together on Sunday and they got their Easter baskets of goodies and I think we made a pretty good memory for this Easter!! We also talked about the Atonement and what Easter is REALLY about and I gave them each a card with "personal" messages for each of them and Jerry came by with a card for Brock and Jentry too. I want them to keep the ties with their dad and he is trying to stay in their lives the best he can, which I appreciate, as do the kids! So, Easter was NICE! We had a GREAT day! :)



I've been doing well with my MT work! We are approaching the BUSY months and I should have PLENTY of work to do! I also got a 2nd P/T transcription position with TTE Transcripts as an Independent Contractor and will start this coming weekend. I have been BLESSED in getting the MT jobs I have! MOST MTs that I graduated with are STILL waiting for a position, so I feel totally CONTENT with the work I've got! Medscript is ALL medical and hospital reports and TTE is more legal, financial, business (Microsoft, Oracle), internal sales calls, department meeting notes, and even interviews (American Idol, DWTS, and Glenn Beck) to name a few. I am "spreading my MT wings" and learning MORE than just how to transcribe medical and hospital reports, which I am taking on as GREAT experience in my field! Both companies have VERY high standards of accuracy, 99.5% to be exact! I have made that goal for Medscript and will be working on HIGH STANDARD work for TTE too! If after 30 days, I can't meet their HIGH standards, I will be removed from that job. Grammar, punctuation, sentence structures, spelling, good proofreading skills, knowing how and where to research certain terms, words, or phrases, and retaining what I learn is KEY to being a GREAT MT and that's what I'm striving for!! I hope to do well with BOTH jobs! It will help me become financially self-sufficient and will OPEN doors for me in the future, for higher paying MT jobs. As an MT, we have to work for "peanuts" until we gain the experience we need to make GOOD money, so it's IMPERATIVE to get 2-3 years experience, before I can make a satisfactory income and be able to exclusively work from home, which is my goal!! I LOVE the work and I learn something NEW every day! It's SO important to LOVE what you do...what's the saying?? "If you LOVE what you do, you'll NEVER have to work a day in ur life??" I am a BELIEVER!!!



To END with some "spiritual wisdom" I am taking the bishop's GREAT advice and getting UP earlier and working his daily GOSPEL STUDY program that he gave me a copy of...which consists of:


*Rise from your bed early.



*Exercise for a few minutes.


*Wash your body and make yourself clean and presentable (I added the presentable part).


*Dress for the day. WHAT??? No working in my pjs?? I try to get dressed 4 of the 7 days, so far, because working from home gives me the LUXURY of working in my pjs some of the days.


*Go to a quiet place.


*Kneel, subdue your spirit before Heavenly Father, and call upon Him. Talk with him in reverent prayer.


*Wait for His holy inspiration, pondering the scriptures or a recent general conference talk and think about the specific problems you face.


He asks these questions before giving the list above:


1. Do you want to feel the love of God more powerfully in your life?


2. Do you want to feel more in tune with His Spirit?


3. Do you want to have the heavens opened to you daily?


And then he goes on to say..."There is a way you can feel a daily renewal of God's everlasting love and drink from "the fountain of living waters". I speak of a morning devotional time spent in prayer, meditation, and scripture study. If you have a devotional every morning, even if only for a few minutes, you will be deeply blessed. I know this to be true."


He also gives many references to talks/devotionals to read and I've read through most of them. He is a TRULY inspired bishop when he gave me this DIRECTIVE! I appreciate his humble and loving demeanor! I am SO blessed to have such a WONDERFUL bishop and I have handed this Gospel Study program that he gave me...out to friends and family too. I am a BELIEVER in the things he speaks of above and I'm gaining a BETTER and STRONGER testimony EVERY day that I follow this plan! A BIG thanks to Bishop Gardner for being that Christ-like example to me and to all those in the Bountiful 2nd Ward! We are truly blessed to have him as our bishop for this season!



I will end with that...because that's enough to think on for at least another week... :)



I hope everyone has a GREAT week and I will be back to post here again next week! It's Britnee's (my Bitty Boo's) 22nd birthday on May Day, so I will have LOTS to talk about and pics to post by then! TAKE CARE and STRIVE FOR CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT DAILY in your lives! TTFN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment