Monday, January 17, 2011

Keepin on keepin on...




It's Monday, January 17, 2011 and I got some flowers and 2 hats done this past weekend. I also posted a pic of Brock's CTR ring. It's black with a silver cursive CTR insert. I couldn't get a good pic of Jentry's but hers is VERY nice too. Her ring is called "shooting star." I got them from Deseret Book and they are both from RingMasters. They like their NEW rings! It was A GOOD and PRODUCTIVE Saturday! We ALL went to church as a family yesterday (16th)and it was NICE! I didn't get much sleep on Sat. night, in fact, I think Satan works extra hard on me to keep me from going to church, especially when I make my mind up BEFORE going that I WILL go. I either DON'T sleep OR I get sick etc... Jerry walked out at 8 a.m. (I had probably been asleep not even an hour) and asked if I was going to church and who to get up next and I said I don't know...I haven't slept all night and then I thought, NOPE...I am GOING!!! I got up and got ready and me and Jentry got to church by 9 a.m. and Brock was a little late, but he came around 9:25 with Jer. I was glad to be in Relief Society with other sisters and to hear the lesson given by a dear sister (don't know her name) on fasting. It sure made me happy to see Sister Johnson, Sister McBean and Sister Beacham and just to be amongst the other sisters. I talked to Sister Billings for a few minutes. It was nice seeing her. I was GLAD we got to church! A GOOD way to start the week! It is ALWAYS so nice to take the sacrament with my family and I'm glad for the times we are ALL together.
QUOTE: "As we worthily partake of the sacrament, we will sense those things we need to improve in and receive the help and determination to do so. No matter what our problems, the sacrament always gives hope." --John H. Groberg
I came home and slept most of the afternoon. Jerry made a GREAT turkey dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and yams. YUMMY! We usually watch a movie as a family on Sunday but the kids didn't have school on Monday or Tuesday so I let Mike come over on Sunday night and we let the family movie night for this week...pass us up. We will watch something next Sunday. Tonight is FHE and I am going to give Jentry a message in the Conference Ensign and let HER do the lesson tonight. I have prayed over how to handle FHE's with older kids in the home and I think if I let THEM prepare the lesson once in a while, it will do us all some good. I have always been in charge and now I can let them be "in charge" once a month. So, the lesson is Steadfast and Immovable by: Silvia Allred and we'll see what Jentry comes up with for this lesson. I am EXCITED! I will report back later.
This morning Jerry made me some fresh O.J. using our Wolfgang Puck blender/juicer (we got for Christmas) and it wass SOOOOO tasty! I have only got 3 reports done today and it's been pretty slow, because of the holiday, but I did get some done. Tomorrow I will need to really get at it! I'm sure there will be lots to do. I LOVE my job and I love my family! I am BLESSED!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment