Monday, March 21, 2011

The Bishop news...

















































TOP AND 2nd ROW (PICS): My kids; Brock, Jentry and Britnee (with boyfriend, Jordan)

3rd and 4th ROW (PICS): What I've been working on this past week. Flip flop flowers and crocheted hats and MORE flowers. I am also almost done with my nephew Ty's blue/black knitted hat and will show a pic of that later this week (when done).

Hi ALL! Last week was CRAZY busy! Jentry got a JOB! YAY for her! She will be working at Lagoon and she went to orientation this past week and got her RED Lagoon shirt, work badge, and parking pass. PLUS...she gets a coupon EACH month to get 10 people in to Lagoon for $10...which is a BIG YAY cuz Lagoon is charging $43.95 per person for entrance into Lagoon this year. WOW!! I can't believe how much they charge! It's OUTRAGEOUS!! I am SO proud of Jentry and she is REALLY excited! She will be doing the games and doesn't know which game yet...she will know by the end of the week. She will do a GREAT job because she is outgoing, sweet, smily, cheerful and GREAT with kids!! So a BIG shout out to my baby for getting a JOB! YAY GIRL!!! Now, if Brock would just get one, then we'd ALL be happy! Brock has been in the dentist chair twice this past week. He has about $4000 of work needing to be done on his teeth. He had an emergency root canal done and was in A LOT of pain. POOR KID!! His dad is helping pay for the dental procedures he needs and Brock's mouth will be done by June, if he stays on the track the dentist prescribed for him. The dentist says he has very soft enamel and that he will need a prescribed toothpaste and mouth rinse for the rest of his life. He will do that! After sitting in a chair and whincing every time the pain was too much to bear, he'll do whatever the dentist recommends from here on out! It's gonna be a LONG road, but I'm glad that he's finally getting them taken care of. Britnee is still working hard and I talked to her last night and she wants me to come visit this weekend or next and I promised I would make it a priority to get up there and spend some time with her. I MISS HER!!!! We are only an hour and 1/2 away from each other, but it might as well be 400 miles because I don't have a reliable car that can get me up there to visit her or my mom. TERRIBLE!!! I am hoping to find a cheap car that runs okay soon. Be on the LOOKOUT, anyone! That's the kids (this past week) in a nutshell. LOVE EM!!

I reached my MT goals last week and I'm hoping for the same or better this coming week! I got 300+ lines, 4 days outta the week, and this week I'm shooting for OVER 300 lines for 5 days this week. My fitness goals have come to a screeching halt when I tried to use my recumbant bike and found out that the power plug was NOT the one for my bike and it didn't work. I was looking forward to that exercise...and I looked up how much it would cost for another power plug for the bicycle...and it's $79. I will end up using some of my pay to get that plug cuz that exercise doesn't hurt my back and I can easily do 20 min. 3 x's a day on the bike and can't do that on any other exercise equipment. I wish we could find the RIGHT power source plug for it, cuz it's here in this house somewhere...we just can't find it. UGH! I have been doing MUCH better with my Coke drinking and I'm only drinking a can a day (12 oz) instead of 64 oz. per day. I will soon be able to drop it completely and then I hope the weight starts dropping. SPRING is upon us! I can feel it in the air!! I LOVE SPRING!! The PRETTY flowers and the beautiful SUNRISES etc... Spring is GREAT!!!
I went to the doctor last Tuesday and I told him my depression was still VERY bad and that I was SO tired ALL the time and he changed a couple of my medications and today (6 days into treatment), I am feeling A LOT better. I was UP today at 8:30 a.m. and I haven't been up at that time for months...or even years! I feel SO alive and HAPPY! I have hit my knees a lot over my depression and life circumstances and with the help of my doctor of 11 years and better yet, my Heavenly Father, I think my life is "on track" and that I am on the road to a BETTER life! I need to be well for my kids and I've been "in the dark" for too darn long! It's time to LIVE life and get up and make LIFE happen! I can't do it by always being tired and depressed and I'm glad that things are looking UP! I hope it's not a temporary fix. I am "IN THE GAME." YAY for me!!!

Last week's FHE was on the Ensign article called: "God Reveals Truth To His Prophets And To Us" on page 8 of the March 2011 Ensign and then I wrote up 15 questions about the lesson and put it in the kid's journals and that was their journal assignment for this week. It was a GREAT lesson and good time spent as a family! We are still trying to get through the BOM before Brock turns 18 in August. We are still in 1 Nephi and on Chapter 13. We try to read Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Sunday. We read 2 of the 4 days last week. We will do better this week!! We are reading a chapter a night, so we should be on Chapter 17 or better by next Monday. I am gonna try to get 2 chapters in on some of the nights this week. Wish me luck on that one. :)

Scripture for the week (from last week's FHE) is: Doctrine and Covenants 8:2-3 - "I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart. "Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation."

Quote for the week: "If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change." --Buddha

So, I will bid ya'll goodbye for this week and I'll be back next week or sooner with GOOD news! I HOPE!! TTFN! :) ONWARD....

No comments:

Post a Comment