Monday, March 7, 2011

A GREAT CD TALK TO START MY WEEK!!


Hello ALL! It's been a few days, but I wanted to write a few notes on a GREAT CD talk I heard this morning....called: "Trusting the Savior in a World that Doesn't" by: Christopher B. Munday. I was very inspired by it and thought I would jot down some of my FAVE points.

1. FOLLOW THE PROPHET and listen and obey his words (pic above).

2. HONOR OUR PARENTS and show your love to them DAILY.

3. COME UNTO CHRIST and FOLLOW HIM. He should be our BEST friend in a troubling world! He will NEVER forsake us and he will ALWAYS be there, when needed! Ask for his help and pray for him in troubling times! He is there...waiting!

Then there were a few little points...that he spoke on...like...

PRAYING EVERY DAY and READING THE SCRIPTURES and SEEKING OUT RIGHTEOUS GOALS! We should also get our lives in line with the gospel and follow what our gospel teaches! His brother-in-law, who had a disease, was an alcoholic for YEARS (drowning in his sorrows) and ONE day he asked to meet Brother Munday at the Church and when he came he was dressed in his Sunday BEST and asked Brother Munday to help him "get back in line with the church" and he confessed his sins to his brother-in-law and asked if he thought he was forgiven and Brother Munday told him he WAS and not soon after repenting...his 26-year-old brother in law passed away! He made it BACK into the arms of our Savior and wanted to make everything RIGHT in his life! What a GREAT thing!


I believe WE should repent of those things that we need too and try to be MORE Christ-like and loving to ALL! Let's do it NOW! COME UNTO CHRIST AND FOLLOW THE GOSPEL STRAIGHTWAY! It was a GREAT talk and I will have my family listen to it tonight for FHE and then have some little stories of ways to COME unto Christ and others that take us AWAY from Christ...and we will all take a story and read it and decide WHICH way it leads us...to or from Christ. My FHE is prepared for tonight! YAY! I LOVE the gospel and have a SURE testimony of its GOODNESS! I'm so GRATEFUL for the TRUE Church in this dispensation and I plan on attending the temple this week. I will probably attend a session on Thursday night. I LOVE the Temple and going there is a GREAT way to feel of Christ's love and spirit and to turn my eyes towards heaven and AWAY from the world...for a time! A GOOD THING!!! :)


I did get 300+ lines - 4 times last week. I am hoping to get another FULL time job working as an MT and I will interview with her either tomorrow or later this week. I will let everyone know how that goes when I know more. I haven't been exercising like I should and I will rededicate myself to doing MORE exercise this week and a get a GOOD line count too!


The kids are just waking up for another week in school, so I'm gonna get off and tell them BOTH how much I love them and to REMEMBER WHO THEY ARE! :)


EVERYONE have a GREAT Monday! DO YOUR BEST TODAY!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment