Sunday, March 13, 2011

This PAST week...a GOOD one!



Hello All! I LOVE this pic of the Sunflower REACHING for the sun! So NICE! What I'm trying to do...EVERY day! Find the positive, keep going, and maintain peace in the home! It has been a GREAT week for MT work cuz I have done 300+ lines 4 days this past week. A BANNER week for me! I am gonna do MORE this coming week! My goal is 300+ lines daily for 6 days! I CAN do it! My exercising kinda fell to the wayside, although I did get in ONE day of 3000 steps, which is something...I guess. It's gotta be A LOT better than that so I can lose this weight! A NEW dedication to that goal this week also. I have got my stationary bike going again and I am planning on working out on it when I first get up in the morning...starting at 15 min. EVERY morning and then working up to 20 min. 3 x's a day for 5 days a week. I have ALWAYS enjoyed bicycle exercise and step aerobics. I can't seem to find a step aerobics block (to step on) or good workout DVD for that type of exercise, so I'm going with the bicycling this week. I will also try to get in 1500-2000 steps a day (4 days a week) on my Nordictrack stepper. It's a GREAT low impact exercise and it helps my energy level and the pain in my joints feel SO much better after exercising on the stepper OR the bicycle. I'm GLAD they found the cord needed to get the bike going. YAY! I am taking a multivitamin daily called ALIVE and been taking these ONE a day for over a month now. I like em but they are pretty expensive and can only be found at GNC or Bountiful Health. After I am done with this bottle, I will go back to the One-A-Day Women's Energy Vitamins because they cost over $18 less and they work just as well, in my opinion. If anyone reads this can you PLZ tell me what vitamins or what I could be doing to get better energy during the day and better sleep at night. Any advice?? Any suggestions?? Please let me know. THANKS!!!!


I forgot to turn the clock forward last night so we missed church today. DARN! I was prepared and had all the books ready to go and even studied the Gospel Doctrine lesson and the Sunday School lesson too! It seems like when I'm prepared, something happens that I don't get there. Our car is on the FRITZ too! We can't even be driving it, so we woulda needed to walk too. By the time I got up at 9 am (which was actually 10 am), we had missed our FIRST class and if we woulda got up and got ready and walked there...we may have heard the LAST speaker in Sacrament and song and prayer. UGH! I am MAD at myself cuz I needed to remember that!!! It's HARD being the ONLY adult in the home right now...and all the things I need to keep up on sometimes seem undaunting! I MUST do better! I will listen to a talk CD tonight before falling asleep and then I've given Jentry the FHE lesson for tomorrow night...and we are watching a movie tomorrow night too, cuz The Celebrity Apprentice is on tonight and I wanted to see it. So, for missing our Sunday movie...we will have BOTH the movie and lesson tomorrow night! A GOOD night together...coming tomorow!


I found 2 NEAT websites last night...the first is http://www.ldsmusicnow.com/ and the other is http://www.steppingstones.com/. BOTH of these SPIRITUAL and UPLIFTING websites are for EVERY one! The first website has a place where you can download music for cheap (very good & uplifting gospel music) and it also has a place where you can designate how MANY chapters or verses of scriptures you wanna read EACH day and what book...and it'll post THAT reading assignment in your email inbox EACH day. Like I said I wanna read the BOM (2 Chapters daily) starting at the beginning of the book...so tomorrow I will get my FIRST reading of 1 Nephi 1-2 to read on Monday for my personal scripture studying. NEATO HUH??! TRY IT!! There are a lot of other features on it too...go check it out. The 2nd website is SO AWESOME and I got if from the http://www.yldsr.com/ (Mormon radio station) website. Toward the bottom of the page and it explains what you can do with the stepping stone website and the music now website. They have put in a kind of WHEEL OF FORTUNE of GREAT films for all ages and they ALL teach VALUES! You can choose to watch for a minimal fee OR buy at a minimal fee and you can read about what the movie is about and what it teaches and the age level that it's appropriate for! SO COOL! I can't even tell you how NEATO that http://www.steppingstones.com/ site is. I watched the Velveteen Rabbit for FREE last night and cried! JUST SO CUTE! I wish this gal woulda came up with this idea YEARS ago...for my children...but I NOW have this for my grandchildren when they start coming! Also, nieces and nephews and kids I babysit in the ward would benefit from these AWESOME movies too! There is also a FAMILY PLAN to watch the movies (unlimited viewing) for $8.95 a month. What a GREAT cost! It pays for itself with ONE movie!! If you decide to just wanna watch it to see if you'd like to buy it for your library, you can do that too...for $2.95. GREAT huh??! I am passing this website on to my little sister and brother. PLZ go check it out!!! They are NOT just LDS movies. They are movies with a message and as a parent, don't we all want our children watching movies that teach?? I know I do! That's that....:)


To end tonight I'd like to post a quote I like:

"I am only ONE; but still I am ONE.
I cannot do everything; but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something I can!" ---Helen Keller

AND the scripture for tonight (going along with my Sunflower pic) is:

Doctrine and Covenants 86:7 -- The final reaping will occur only when the father determines that the world is "fully ripe." Meanwhile, brothers and sisters, the challenge is surviving spiritually in a deteriorating "wheat and tares" world.

GOOD ones huh?! I hope everyone of my family and friends has a GREAT week to come! I have an MT job interview on Tuesday morning, so cross your fingers, cuz it's an employee with benefits MT job and I REALLY need a BETTER paying MT job to get through these HARD times financially with my family. No washer, no vehicle, not much food, no insurance, if something bad were to happen (it would be BAD), and NO job for Jerry yet! I am gonna look on the BRIGHT SIDE too...though...We have each other, food enough to survive, electricity, warm and cold water, a roof over our head, and GREAT neighbors too! I am going to just DO what I can to improve MY life and NOT dwell on the negative as much! I believe that if you live RIGHT, Choose the BETTER part, and LOVE others and show our love by helping and serving one another...that GOOD things will happen in my little family! I KNOW IT!!!! I will NOT give up and I will DO MY BEST and live ONE DAY AT A TIME!! And the rest will take care of itself... :)

GOODBYE FOR NOW! I will get back on after interviewing on Tuesday afternoon and hopefully it will be GOOD news! If not, I DO have a GREAT part time job and I will take it (either way)with a CHEERFUL and GRATEFUL heart!

**GOD BLESS AND BE WITH THE PEOPLE IN JAPAN FOR THE HEARTACHE AND DEVASTATION THEY ARE FACING NOW! With the earthquakes, aftershocks, and the Tsunami...it has been a HARD time for JAPAN! GOD SPEED!**

No comments:

Post a Comment